Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why Mexico is Still a Safe Country to Visit

With all the gruesome news about drug cartel violence, Canadians are increasingly afraid to visit Mexico. Something to remember, though, is that Mexico is a very big country, and most of the current trouble occurs in specific areas. Personally, I still feel as secure in most parts of Mexico as I do in Canada. Here is an enlightening video that puts the safety issue into perspective.



Are Canadian tourists still safe in Mexico?

3 comments:

David said...

I very much appreciate your Blog, and I look forward to more posts. It is so important to put the incidents of violence and crime in Mexico into perspective. The areas where there are big problems are very specific, and are not the main tourist areas, and many other areas in Mexico. I think, as a Canadian, I might be more scared to visit some parts of big U.S. cities than to go to some of the beautiful tourist areas in Mexico. The media needs to be more measured in their reportage of Mexico as a whole.

John Mitchell said...

Thanks for your comment, David. I think that many Canadians feel the same way, especially those of us who travel a lot in Mexico. -JM

Flights to Singapore said...

nice and informative blog. Thanks for share.